Student Activities Business Office
The Student Activities Business Office (SABO) is the financial center for all student organizations. SABO provides accounting and banking services, fee free accounts, monthly financial statements, and financial training to student groups and advisors. The SABO staff is here to help you with anything pertaining to student group finances so feel free to contact us with any questions.
434J Curry Student Center (CSC)
Fall Office Hours
Monday through Thursday - 8:30 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.*
Friday - 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.*
*Holiday office hours will vary.
Contact Jeffrey Jean-Francois for updated hours or holiday schedule.
Important Information Regarding Registration
In an effort to improve upon the SABO Account Registration process, we will now be requiring advisors to take a more active role in the registration process. This is beneficial because advisors will only be required to fill out the new OrgSync form one time, rather than completing and signing the SABO Account Registration form each semester. Additionally, this change will provide advisors with access to the Banner Finance System, allowing them access to their organization’s budget account at any time. This change will also assist the office in their efforts to “go green” by cutting down on paper statements.
To access the OrgSync form, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Click on the following link: https://orgsync.com/join/30932/student-activities-business-office.
2. If you are already logged into OrgSync, you will be directed to join the SABO portal. If you have not previously logged in, you will be asked to log in to the Northeastern Community and enter your myNEU credentials before you are prompted to join the portal. If you are a first time OrgSync user, upon entering your myNEU credentials, you will be directed to create your OrgSync profile before joining the portal.
3. On the left-hand menu, click on “Forms.” Find the “SABO Advisor Banner Access Form” (pinned to the top of the list) and click the gray “Fill Out” button on the right side of the page.
4. Once you have completed the form, you will be able to print a PDF copy. Please physically sign it and either scan and e-mail it to email@example.com, fax it to 617.373.4375, or bring it to the Student Activities Business Office in 434J CSC.
This form must be printed, signed, and turned in as soon as possible in order for the organization(s) you advise to remain fiscally active. If you are an advisor for multiple organizations, you will need to submit a form for each organization.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we improve upon this process. We know that this means an extra step for you this semester, but it will help to save time and give you full access to view your accounts on Banner in the future!
Advisors or students with questions or concerns about this new process should reach out to Jeffrey Jean-Francois in the Student Activities Business Office. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617-373-8605.
BANNER TRAINING SESSIONS
The Procurement office will be conducting special Banner training sessions for advisors throughout the Fall semester. Training sessions will be announced during the month of September.
For questions regarding training sessions please contact email@example.com or (617)373-8605.
BANNER TRAINING RESOURCES
Please note that advisors are limited only to viewing access in SSB and ePrint, so many features listed on the Banner Finance Web page will not pertain to student group advisors. For additional information regarding Banner Resources, please visit the Banner Finance Web Page or contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617)373-4357.
Budget Transfers & Queries
HOW TO FIND YOUR INDEX NUMBER (Advisors only)
Log into your myNEU & Click Services & Links
Select "Banner Finance Help Web Page"
Click "Search by Index Description" and enter part of your groups name
• Budget Query Quick Guide (pdf): Budget_Queries_Quick_Guide_SABO
• SSB Budget Queries (pdf): https://myfiles.neu.edu/webapps/bannerfinance/BudgetQueriesDeskProcedure.pdf
• Common SSB Budget Query Mistakes (pdf): https://myfiles.neu.edu/webapps/bannerfinance/CommonSSBQueryMistakes.pdf
• What is ePrint? (pdf): https://myfiles.neu.edu/webapps/bannerfinance/ePrintGeneralOverview93.pdf
• General Overview of ePrint (pdf): https://myfiles.neu.edu/webapps/bannerfinance/ePrintReportsOverview.pdf
• ePrint Navigation (pdf): https://myfiles.neu.edu/webapps/bannerfinance/ePrintNavigation.pdf
George Sarikas – Director
Jeffrey Jean-Francois – Assistant Director
Jonathan Whitson – Assistant Director
Allean Beane – Staff Assistant
Direct Billing Links
These are the links to University vendors that directly bill student organization accounts. You can either order items online or fill out physical order forms in the Student Activities Business Office.
Any suggestions? Please contact Jeffrey Jean-Francois, Asst. Director of SABO